FilesSalesForum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

File Pricing Thread

Page 14 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

File Pricing Thread  - Page 14 Empty Re: File Pricing Thread

Post by Gawth Sun May 27, 2012 1:42 pm

That skin is amazing Pheonix <3

I think
Exclusive, (me & 1 other owner) : 100k
Semi-exlusive (Me & 3 others) : 30k
Limited (Me & 25 others) : 5K

Gawth

Gawth

Back to top Go down

Post by pheonixheart Sun May 27, 2012 3:15 pm

tomboy wrote:hmm...a guess...

Well(an opinion about file type), I personally would prefer the psd, grouped layered file, because it's much easier to sift through...I have photoshop though...I make everything grouped and layered and if anyone asks me to send it ungrouped, then I'll do it. With the layers that I put into a skin, I would get tired looking at it...anyways, lol

I think maybe-

Exclusive, (me & 1 other owner) : 60-70K
Semi-exlusive (Me & 3 others) : 20-25K

For the skin it's 130 layers, but I only use GIMP. The newest GIMP has grouped layers but there's a bug where it doesn't read the bottom layer of it correctly so it doesn't render the image properly when you use the groups. Unfortunately, that makes it no good putting it in a grouped format... Everything's clearly named though so you don't have a ton of layers named 1,2,3, etc., that you have no idea what they are. It's super easy to scroll through and find what you might want to edit/adjust.

Also, all you have to do to make a new tone of your choice is add a new background layer and bucket fill it with color and then you've got a whole new skin... I've gotten a couple other folks' skins to see how they put theirs together and this is WAY simpler to make new tones...

I gotta be honest I'm a little disappointed at only 5k - i get that for layered eye files and skins are exponentially more complex... I guess I need to re-think about whether I'm going to offer my skins - I put waaay too much time into them for a 5k return on a layered file that will essentially give away all my secrets LOL. Although, that gives me an idea - i could always just sell a .png flats pack of say 3-5 tones for 5k... What do you guys think?

pheonixheart

pheonixheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Gawth Sun May 27, 2012 3:40 pm

I think that would be a good idea.Oh and I forgot to erase tomboys's part (I copy and pasted hers and changed the info) lol.

I think 10k if limited to 25 other people because I class that as mass.But 5k for .png flats sounds terrific Very Happy

Gawth

Gawth

Back to top Go down

Post by pheonixheart Sun May 27, 2012 3:59 pm

oh - mass = unlimited in my mind since there's no numerical limit to it. Wink Anything with a numerical limit = limited Very Happy

10k seems a little better but will have to think still... Maybe I can make a simpler one and sell it for 10k though and go for the flats in the meantime! Very Happy Thanks!!

pheonixheart

pheonixheart

Back to top Go down

Post by tomboy Sun May 27, 2012 5:48 pm

pheonixheart wrote:

Well(an opinion about file type), I personally would prefer the psd, grouped layered file, because it's much easier to sift through...I have photoshop though...I make everything grouped and layered and if anyone asks me to send it ungrouped, then I'll do it. With the layers that I put into a skin, I would get tired looking at it...anyways, lol

I think maybe-

For the skin it's 130 layers, but I only use GIMP. The newest GIMP has grouped layers but there's a bug where it doesn't read the bottom layer of it correctly so it doesn't render the image properly when you use the groups. Unfortunately, that makes it no good putting it in a grouped format... Everything's clearly named though so you don't have a ton of layers named 1,2,3, etc., that you have no idea what they are. It's super easy to scroll through and find what you might want to edit/adjust.

Also, all you have to do to make a new tone of your choice is add a new background layer and bucket fill it with color and then you've got a whole new skin... I've gotten a couple other folks' skins to see how they put theirs together and this is WAY simpler to make new tones...

I gotta be honest I'm a little disappointed at only 5k - i get that for layered eye files and skins are exponentially more complex... I guess I need to re-think about whether I'm going to offer my skins - I put waaay too much time into them for a 5k return on a layered file that will essentially give away all my secrets LOL. Although, that gives me an idea - i could always just sell a .png flats pack of say 3-5 tones for 5k... What do you guys think?

I only made the opinion about the layers because with how you worded it, it sounded like you were choosing to make it ungrouped for ease...If I'd known you made it in gimp, I would have known you couldn't group it-I apologize.

=)...maybe my skins just aren't as "amazing" as everyone else's in here...yeah...I've sold a few of my skins for 5K to 10-15 people-fully layered and grouped(with the skin layers that are a quick colorfill like yours). I really don't know about the exclusive and semi exclusive prices-I was trying to make a guesstimate-But I stand by my opinion about 5K to 25 people. That makes you 125K. Maybe if it was limited to 10-15 people at 10K?

I'm sorry if I offended you with my price suggestion, and ultimately it is your choice when you post your files in your thread for sale. Only you have to feel comfortable with your set prices because you're the one that spent your time putting it together.

So anyways, sorry for posting bad price suggestions...Think I'll stick with taking opinions about my stuff, lol-I hate offending people.

tomboy

tomboy

http://avatars.imvu.com/tomboy

Back to top Go down

Post by pheonixheart Sun May 27, 2012 6:13 pm

tomboy wrote:
pheonixheart wrote:

I think maybe-

I only made the opinion about the layers because with how you worded it, it sounded like you were choosing to make it ungrouped for ease...If I'd known you made it in gimp, I would have known you couldn't group it-I apologize.

=)...maybe my skins just aren't as "amazing" as everyone else's in here...yeah...I've sold a few of my skins for 5K to 10-15 people-fully layered and grouped(with the skin layers that are a quick colorfill like yours). I really don't know about the exclusive and semi exclusive prices-I was trying to make a guesstimate-But I stand by my opinion about 5K to 25 people. That makes you 125K. Maybe if it was limited to 10-15 people at 10K?

I'm sorry if I offended you with my price suggestion, and ultimately it is your choice when you post your files in your thread for sale. Only you have to feel comfortable with your set prices because you're the one that spent your time putting it together.

So anyways, sorry for posting bad price suggestions...Think I'll stick with taking opinions about my stuff, lol-I hate offending people.

Oh no you didn't offend me at all!! Just gave me a healthy dose of reality - both you and Gawth LOL. Disappointing, but necessary! ;o) And I haven't finished thinking about it - I was bummed at first but the more I think about it the more I think that well hey something is better than nothing anyways, and if I price it to where folks won't buy it then it's not doing me any good right? Plus it gave me a great idea to do a simple starter skin that I can sell for less too, so it was all very helpful!

Anyhow no please don't think I was offended - just bummed LOL.

Your skins are awesome and I always thought they were under priced for the quality myself hehe. I bought one of your skins in the catty a while back - a sunburned one it's sooo cute! (This one)

pheonixheart

pheonixheart

Back to top Go down

Post by tomboy Sun May 27, 2012 6:45 pm

^It's true-really-a lot of people are selling their skins under what I imagine they'd be worth...it's just what people want I guess...But if you feel it's worth more than what others think-it could still sell. Might just take longer to sell all of them. You should always feel comfortable with your decision, because the people buying the files don't know how much you really put into it.

(But I think I always worry about offending people because I know what it's like to put so much time and energy into a file and then feel disappointed in what others think it's worth-and I'd given another price suggestion and they didn't think I was right either...lol)

tomboy

tomboy

http://avatars.imvu.com/tomboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gawth Mon May 28, 2012 3:42 am

I understand what it is like to work hard on a file....but the thing is file selling is VERY competitive these days.Someone may find a skin with equal quality but at a lower price and may miss out on sales.Higher then 10k to a lot of people,when they could buy it at that price pretty much limited to fewer people,they may think in their minds it is overpriced,because they do not understand the work involved.I charge my products per effort and hours I put into it,but also limited to very few people.I limit it because that way it is easier to keep track of the item,a lower amount of people reduces the risk of theft.Plus I worked hard on the item and I don't wish to see heaps of people running around with it,especially if most decide to claim it as their own.

In my mind to me,20 is mass lol.But my mass files are never sold to more then that ever,and sometimes less then that,it depends on how fast it sells.If you really feel in your heart your skin is worth more then suggested,perhaps maybe just sell it semi-exclusive or very limited Very Happy

Gawth

Gawth

Back to top Go down

Post by EssentiallyCute Wed May 30, 2012 8:52 am

Hey guys i just made this mesh,first time ever making,lol,i would like to know how much i should sell it for? I'm thinking Semi-exclusive to like 3 people,i won't be submitting it to my catty though,its just for selling.

Its a fire place,i set it as a furniture piece.
File Pricing Thread  - Page 14 Th_fireplacemesh

EssentiallyCute

EssentiallyCute

Back to top Go down

Post by Gawth Wed May 30, 2012 3:53 pm

Semi for hmm...I think about 15k Smile

Gawth

Gawth

Back to top Go down

Post by Photograph Wed May 30, 2012 4:03 pm

So I made this Add-Ons pack, and I'm horrendous at pricing stuff, so any help would be appreciated Very Happy

Mass Price:
Limited (to 15 people) Price:

File Pricing Thread  - Page 14 Add-OnsPreview

Thank youu Very Happy

Photograph

Photograph

Back to top Go down

Post by Gawth Wed May 30, 2012 4:18 pm

Oh my gosh that is gorgeous O_O

10-15k mass
20-25k limited Smile

Gawth

Gawth

Back to top Go down

Post by Photograph Wed May 30, 2012 4:31 pm

Thank you so much <3

And thanks for the price suggestions! I'll now be able to put the pack up tomorrow Very Happy

♥️

Photograph

Photograph

Back to top Go down

Post by Gawth Wed May 30, 2012 4:48 pm

You are very welcome ^^

Gawth

Gawth

Back to top Go down

Post by EssentiallyCute Wed May 30, 2012 5:02 pm

Gawth wrote:Semi for hmm...I think about 15k Smile

Ok that sounds cool,i'll wait a little more to see if anyone else posts a reply,if not i'll go with 15k Smile.

EssentiallyCute

EssentiallyCute

Back to top Go down

Post by ULit3 Thu May 31, 2012 8:00 pm

can you guys help me set a price for 2 files

File Pricing Thread  - Page 14 330uvjl

File Pricing Thread  - Page 14 10eh8a8

ULit3

ULit3

Back to top Go down

Post by Gawth Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:08 am

In the first pic,is it the shorts or shoes you are selling? Smile

Gawth

Gawth

Back to top Go down

Post by ULit3 Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:38 am

shorts

ULit3

ULit3

Back to top Go down

Post by Gawth Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:02 am

I think the price in your shop is pretty much how I would price it- 3 or 4k for a .Png of shorts Smile

Gawth

Gawth

Back to top Go down

Post by EssentiallyCute Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:47 am

I am back again! Very Happy

I would like to know how much i should sell these for in limited for 10 people or semi-exclusive for 6 people. The last one i'm thinking maybe mass,or maybe a freebie,i think it came out awful Sad.

File Pricing Thread  - Page 14 Th_muffybodysuit

File Pricing Thread  - Page 14 Th_pvcpencildress

File Pricing Thread  - Page 14 Th_suplifit

EssentiallyCute

EssentiallyCute

Back to top Go down

Post by Gawth Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:54 am

Limited 6-8k Smile
Semi-exclusive 10-15k Very Happy

Gawth

Gawth

Back to top Go down

Post by EssentiallyCute Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:04 am

Gawth wrote:Limited 6-8k Smile
Semi-exclusive 10-15k Very Happy

Sounds good Very Happy,thanks.

EssentiallyCute

EssentiallyCute

Back to top Go down

Post by Gawth Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:26 am

No worries,beautiful Pvc items <3

Gawth

Gawth

Back to top Go down

Post by NobleHeart Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:24 am

I've been a busy little bee and could really use some help pricing this eye pack:

File Pricing Thread  - Page 14 Pack
Bigger previews:
sloth, pride, lust, greed, gluttony, envy, wrath

7 flats + the psd file used to create them.
I'm thinking limited to 5 or exclusive?

File Pricing Thread  - Page 14 Sinsnailspack
limited to 5/exclusive?

NobleHeart

NobleHeart

Back to top Go down

Post by Gawth Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:56 am

Did you use brushes for the nails? ^^

Hmm eyes...Limited,I'd sell them separate for 2k each,or 10k for the set+ psd Smile
If exclusive,40k Smile

Same for the nails Very Happy

Gawth

Gawth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top