FilesSalesForum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tutorial: Complete PvC bodysuit!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tutorial: Complete PvC bodysuit! Empty Tutorial: Complete PvC bodysuit!

Post by Katelyn Sat May 14, 2011 8:50 am

Tutorial: Complete PvC bodysuit! HiResNoBg1

When you think of creating a PvC texture from scratch, is your first reaction:

"...Shocked"

If so, then this tutorial is for you! Very Happy

Basic information about this tutorial:
This was made in Photoshop CS5 but everything I used is also in GIMP.

Brushes used: Soft round brush
Colors used: Black, grey, white
Time it took: 10-15 minutes (or less)

Continue to next post for the tutorial.

Katelyn

Katelyn

http://avatars.imvu.com/Katelyn

Back to top Go down

Tutorial: Complete PvC bodysuit! Empty Re: Tutorial: Complete PvC bodysuit!

Post by Katelyn Sat May 14, 2011 8:51 am

The tutorial will be typed out AND on the images, I just typed it out incase you can't read my sloppy handwriting Razz

Step 1: Get a basic bodysuit template. You can find one on nearly every derivable bodysuit mesh product page. Set it as layer 1. Create a new layer and fill it with black and set the opacity to 79%-80%.

Step 2: Pick a medium grey color. This is going to be a layer to "experiment" with body shine + stuff.

Step 3: These are basic highlights. I'm only doing one side because I'm lazy, and I'm going to copy/paste this layer again then flip it. Oh, and make a new layer in case you mess up (I know I usually do).

Step 4: Once you draw on your basic highlights, blur them with the gaussian blur just a tiny bit.

Step 5: After the gaussian blur, I just selected the entire layer, copied it, and pasted it onto a new layer. Then I just flipped it horizontally. (I forgot how to do this in GIMP, but if you know how then go for it. Otherwise, you can just make the left side like you made the right side).

How to flip a layer the GIMP way

Alelujah wrote:The easiest way to flip it in gimp, btw; Duplicate, Select All, Layer>Transform>Flip Horizontally}

Easy way to make sure your Photoshop layer is mirrored perfectly

Step 6: This is what you should have (or something close) by now Smile

Step 7: Let's add a little more highlighting detail around the stomach.

Step 8: Now, some brighter highlights. Using a smaller brush, go over the grey areas with the bright white colors on a new layer. Then, gaussian blur it about 1/2 the amount you blurred for your "basic" highlights.

Step 9: It looks kinda meh right now because you're just starting. Keep reading and don't get discouraged!

Step 10: Go back and blur/smear things around until grey covers up most of the breast area. Lower the opacity of the level to about 50%.

Step 11: Add little speckles and lines of pure white here and there. Don't blur them quite yet.

Step 12: The highlights are looking better, but the breasts need to be a little bit lower.

Step 13: So I only blurred the ends of the white streaks and dots with the blur tool (Gimp has this too!) Let's test out the texture again.

Step 14: The breasts are at the right height, but they're a little too far apart.

Step 15: So I moved the breasts closer together. I also created a new layer and drew 2 lines across the breasts. Then, using the motion blur horizontally I blurred them to make the lines longer and thinner. Let's test it again!

Oh, and if you haven't figured out that PvC is a lot of trial and error yet, then.. you're not the brightest crayon in the box.

Step 16: Wooooo! Lookin' SEXY! ONE MORE STEP! Very Happy

Step 17: Add details like the sollarbone, back shine, the back of the legs and dimples above the butt.

Viola! Now you've gone...

Tutorial: Complete PvC bodysuit! HiResNoBg1

Katelyn

Katelyn

http://avatars.imvu.com/Katelyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Gawth Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:33 am

Thanks so so much Very Happy I shall be using this mwahaha >D

Gawth

Gawth

Back to top Go down

Post by BellaNoir Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:06 pm

This is an awesome tut!

BellaNoir

BellaNoir

http://www.imvu.com/shop/web_search.php?manufacturers_id=3628383

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top